Upper Canada Sketches
The colour illustrations are lithographic reproductions by Barclay, Clark & Co. Litho., Toronto after illustrations by E. S. Shrapnel
List of Images
1. Front Cover
2. Title Page
3. Mill in Devon, Eng. in 1897. Used and Owned by Roger Conant previous to sailing to America with the Pilgrims in 1623.
4. Thomas Conant
5. Mrs. Thomas Conant
6. Map of Upper Canada - 1898
7. Roger Conant's House, Salem, Mass., 1628. First Governor of Mass. Bay Colony
8. Reward for a Deserter, 1776, at West Point
9. Deed of Island in Boston Harbor
10. Roger Conant's First Settlement in Darlington, Co., Durham, Upper Canada, 1778
11. Logging Scene. Roger Conant in Darlington, Co., Durham, Upper Canada, 1778
12. Durham Boats ascending river St. Lawrence with goods for Indian fur trading.
13. David Annis - The Author's Uncle
14. Roger Conant trading with the Indians for furs
15. Maple Sugar Making
16. Indian Wigwams of Birch Bark
17. Potash Making. The Melting Scene
18. Hauling Cannon, War of 1812
19. Moode Farewells Tavern near Oshawa, 1812
20. Daniel Conants Lumber Mill
21. World to Come to an End - Stars Falling, 1833
22. Daniel Conant - The Author's Father
23. Mary Eliza Conant - The Author's Mother
24. Author's Father loading his schooners with lumber by rafting on Lake Ontario.
25. Canadian Rebellion 1837-8 - Refugees frozen in at Oswego, NY
26. Canadian Rebellion 1837-8 - Refugee crosses Lake Ontario in a canoe with the prow rotted away.
27. Assassination of Author's Grandfather - Canadian Rebellion 1837-8
28. Camp Meeting Scene
29. Sarah Terwilligar's attempt to fly to Heaven - The World to Come to and End
30. Mormon's attempt to raise the dead.
31. Awkward Squad - Fenian Raid, 1865
32. Back Cover